Strike Zone Sports offers Minnesota Fastpitch Pitching, Hitting, Slapping, and Fielding Lessons. Our indoor training facility is located in Eagan, Minnesota. Our staff is led by former Minnesota Gopher softball All-American and Professional Fastpitch pitcher Sara Moulton. Sam Macken, another former Gopher, leads the hitting/slapping/and fielding lessons. Whitney Johnson, former NDSU Bison standout pitcher is a part-time pitching instructor.
We are thrilled to announce Strike Zone Sports will be opening our doors on Monday May, 18th 2020. Thank you all for your patience and continuous support during these difficult and uncertain times.
We as a staff at SZS care deeply about the health and wellbeing of our athletes and their family members. We fully support the Minnesota Department of Health and Governor Tim Walz’s #StaySafeMN recommendations on practicing social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Please take a moment to read our updated COVID-19 facility policy & expectations below.
What you can expect from instructors once open:
- Staff will wipe down touchable things before, throughout and after each day (door handles, light switches, parent cage tables, bathroom sink handle, toilet seat, etc.)
- Staff will have a “sanitizing station” at the facility for use before and after lessons
- Instructors will remain six feet from clients at all times inside the space
- Instructors will wear COVID-19 masks at all times inside the facility
- We plan to keep the garage door and front door open at all times to create a fresh air flow throughout the space
- We will only allow 10 people maximum in the facility at one time
We ask the following from our clients who plan to participate in lessons:
- Do NOT attend your lesson if you feel sick or have any flu-like symptoms
- Clients please wait to enter the facility until your exact lesson time (this will help ensure we only have a max of 10 individuals in the space at one time)
- Wash your hands or use the “sanitize station” before and after your lesson
- Pitchers must bring their own balls and equipment to lessons (this includes buckets for catchers to sit on)
- Hitters must wear batting gloves during entire lesson, this includes while picking up balls between reps
- Participants are recommended to wear a Covid-19 mask in the facility
- Bring your own individual water bottle
- Spectators/non-participants must remain outside of the facility during all lessons
- We recommend lesson payments be made through Venmo or PayPal (communicate with your instructor on their preference)
We will be monitoring our situation daily and will make any adjustments necessary to keep Strike Zone Sports a safe and operational space for our clients and instructors.
Instructor calendar’s with availability can be found below:View Sara’s Calender View Whitney’s Calendar View Sam’s Calendar Lane Rental
September 1, 2016 – Advanced Sports Media Group, the leader in college and high school sports media, is pleased to announce the hiring of All-American Sara Moulton as the new Editor of Fastpitchnew ...
In the fall of 2014 a new club was formed by former Minnesota Gopher Michelle Harrison based out of Eagan, MN named the Lady Lightning Gold Midwest. They are one of five national level teams for the L ...
Former Minnesota Softball player and Current Professional Softball player for the Chicago Bandits Sara Moulton made a lifestyle change last summer and she could not be more happy. For the first time i ...
What People are Saying!
Our daughters were 15 and 9 when they transferred to Sara Moulton at Strike Zone Sports for pitching lessons. Although they were at drastically different levels in their pitching development, Sara was able to connect with both girls and dial into each of their individual needs. Sara’s accomplishments in the sport of softball allow her to speak from first-hand experience and she is a true mentor. She stresses mechanics to increase velocity and accuracy and talks through the mental aspects of pitching. She works with each athlete to maximize their abilities and reach their desired goals. We couldn’t be happier with our daughter’s progress and everything they have accomplished. We are so grateful to Sara for all that she has done.